Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pipeline Project: Sketches and Position

The Lost Files seems to be in some good progress. The characters and storyboard seem to be in full fledge. We figured out that the main character would be a girl with a ponytail, sweatshirt and pants. We will give her a generalized look for roughed out animations before the final stylizations are applied to her.


The above is my depiction of Emma's style for her character. My style is more realistic than cartoony, so it has been difficult to adjust. This was a lesson on my part to try and develop a flexible hand at being good in more than just one kind of style. During class, we created small animations that could be helpful to the project. 



Unfortunately, because of our time, me assisting on the animation after the storyboarding section of the project might not be the best choice. After talking with the leaders, I will see if my position in being on the color team would work well. 


The above image is a finished portrait of Choi Minki (Ren) of Nu'est. He is a person I use a lot as a male character in my Fantasy of Love theme. I am displaying this to show what my usual style looks like and how I depict color. Obviously, bright and fun colors would not go well for the Lost Files, but this is just an example of how I select my colors for certain characters. Our girl in The Lost Files would have a darker palette.

Edit:
I am working on the credits list with Christine at the moment and will be working with coloring when the animation needs coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment